In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution's system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post- accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of the institution towards academic excellence.
Objectives of IQAC
The primary objectives of IQAC are
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- To achieve these objectives, BIITM has formed an IQAC cell and an IQAC Sub-
To achieve excellence and reputation as a nationally acclaimed business school for developing managers and leaders who will shape the world in future.
- To provide excellent academic ambience with adequate exposure to the business world in order to create innovative leaders and enterprisers with strong ethical values.
- To consistently endeavor to achieve 360 transformation of students' talents, attitude, and personality.
- To encourage and support entrepreneurship by providing an inspiring and supportive ecosystem.
- To incubate the professional values of ever-changing work culture, integrity, team spirit, commitment, and concern for sustainability in all aspects of the society and economy.
|Chairperson/ Faculty||Prof (Dr) P.K Tripathy||Principal|
|Prof (Dr) Mihir Ranjan Nayak||Dean|
|Prof (Dr) B.K Bal||Faculty|
|Prof. (Dr) B.B Das||Faculty|
|Er. M.K Rout||Faculty|
|Mrs. Ankita Agarwal||Faculty|
|Mr. Prasant Rout||Faculty|
|Administration||Dr. A.K Behera||M.D OPSL|
|Society Nominee||Mr. S.S.Mohanty||Advocate Odisha High Court|
|Industry Nominee||Mr. Sanjeev Gupta||Vice. President, My Home Industries|
|Mr. Sanjay Chaoudhary||Managing Director, Kuchina, BBSR|
|Student Nominee||Ms. Aradhan Mokrna||Student Final Year MBA|
|Alumni Nominee||Mr. Battina Abhishek||MBA Batch 2018-20|
|Faculty coordinator||Dr. Neha Gupta||Faculty|
Functions & Scope
Functions of the IQAC
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
Scope of IQAC
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
- To act as a change agent in the institution.
- To better internal communication.
Quality Assurance Initiatives
Quality Assurance Initiatives
- In relation to new examination reforms Program Objectives, Program Outcomes, Program Specific Outcome, Course Objective and Course Outcome is defined.
- Assistance to students for scholarship.
- Various training workshops organized for faculty and staff was held on documentation, record keeping, and file management.
- Workshop with all faculty members on Bloom’s Taxanomy new pattern of questions for internal exams. The questions for the internal exams have. been prepared majorly keeping in view the Levels mentioned in the Blooms Taxonomy.
- MOU entered by training and placement department with industries for summer internship projects. Companies include Bajaj Capital Ltd, Chola M/s General Insurance, HDFC Bank Ltd, Allahabad Bank, Mayfair Hotels & Resorts etc.
- FDP attended by Faculties
- Excellent placement record with 176 offers were given to 180 students by 56 companies with highest package of 10 lacs.
- More emphasis on research and development among faculty.
- Institute industry interface in form of seminars, workshops etc.
- Industry oriented Add on course like NISM, advanced marketing, excel for managers.
- 2 net qualifies 8 Ph.D holders 5 Ph.D pursuing faculty.
- Workshops for faculty and staff
- Industrial visit for students
- Gold medallist Ms. Nikita Agarwal
- E governance in various areas.
- E- waste Disposal certificate
- SOP Examination for MBA & IMBA
- Teaching learning SOP for lesson Plan, Delivery
- Workshop on defining Vision Mission of the Institute
- Vigilance Awareness Week
- Experiential learning by students during lockdown
- Online SIP schedule
- Alumni Registration
- Internal green audit.
- SOP for maintenance of BIITM Facilities.
- SOP for conducting examination
- NAAC and SSR preparatory meetings
- Faculty In-House Seminar
- Guidelines for student Mentoring
- Workshop for faculty and staff
- Institute sponsored training for 150 students in partnership with CTTC on SAP.
- Assistance for student scholarship through various agencies.
- IQAC sponsored webinars and workshops
- Professional membership with ISTD
- Collaboration with KDNF for extension activities
- Framing of new research policy
- SOP for online classes and feedback system by senior manager
- SOP for online SIP
- Preparation of 150 MCQ for preparing students for new pattern of online examination
- Availability of GSuite and Zoom for facilitating online classes and webinars.
- Webinars conducted by IQAC
- Covid norms Policy like two day paid leave for RTPCR testing and 17 day paid leave for covid positive staff was highly appreciated by all.
- Add on courses luxury brand management, digital marketing, data analytics, NISM etc.
- Entrepreneurship and incubation cell idea generated.
- Increased seats 240
- 2 net qualified and 14 Ph.D holders and rest pursuing
- 13 research articles in UGC and other reputed journals
- ISO 9001-2015 Certification
- Research cell formation
- Entrepreneurship and incubation cell.
- NSS registration done with one event.